7 Basic Interior Design Rules
Homedecoy – When we are at home or perhaps inviting our friends, we wish the environment to be comfy and pleasant. And in some cases so that our guests are leaving and saying: “Wow! Your house is amazing!”. Just for this, it’s not really required to hire a famous interior designer, simply because understanding the simple rules you are able to make a beautiful, comfy and stylish interior design.
Now, we will reveals the most crucial for basic interior design rules.
1. Determine exactly what the purpose of the room is
The very first thing you need to determine is what is the purpose of the room you want. No costly redecorating or furniture will always make your house cozy and comfortable to live when your design is effortlessly planned. You need to begin with the following:
- Pay attention to your lifestyle, the traditions of your family, your routine and activities.
- list and then write down the spaces you would like. In some cases a small change in the level of the house can add, such as, a wardrobe or a study room.
- Think about what spots you can actually combine (kitchen / dining room, bedroom / wardrobe, etc.)
- Draw a plan of your room and place the furniture there to get the best option.
2. Think about the environment you want to create
Before starting designing your house, consider what ambiance you would like to have in that house and exactly how you want to experience there: relaxing or full of energy. It is necessary to bear in mind if that space will likely be only for you or perhaps you also want to attract your guests.
- Think of a variety of colors: soft or colorful.
- What materials and textures are you going to apply: warm and natural or maybe, on the flip side, artificial and clean surfaces?
- Use the distinction of sizes, which can be, differs large and small objects. This will help to prevent boredom and generate a stimulating impact. The most important thing is that everything need to combine all the objects (shape, color, expenses, etc.).
3. Symmetry and balance to generate harmony
If you have an asymmetrical space, you’ll get two alternatives to make it look harmonious: you could try and create a false sense of symmetry or focus on its peculiarities.
- Find a focal point within the room (such as, a fireplace, a painting, a window) and then create a symmetrical interior around it.
- Use vertical lines, this will likely make the space appear to be taller.
- Add some accent: which can be, first create symmetry and after that ruin it slightly.
4. Color and texture always together
In interior design, you will need to evaluate them together because a single thing has an effect on the perception of the other.
- Cool colors are good for warm coastal areas. In return, in a northern city they might appear too melancholy.
- Warm colors will make the feeling that the room is a few degrees warmer than it’s actually.
- The bright colors are not suitable for the bedroom. It is advisable to use them in areas where you usually do not spend much time.
- If you are using a predominant color inside, it is recommended to vary the texture to prevent monotony.
5. Lighting is among the most sensual part of interior design
The proper lighting displays your mood and transforms the ambiance of the space. Light affects our emotions and thoughts. By using lighting you are able to come up with anything.
- Make the most of the daylight, do not cover the windows.
- Use mirrors Not only do they add light, they also visually enhance space.
- Artificial light produces a relaxing atmosphere, therefore stick to these ideas: chandeliers, wall, standing as well candles. This will harmonize with the interior of your house.
6. The details determine the interior
It is exactly what makes your home a real home. You could try and imagine the final result in your mind.
- Select your wardrobe with responsibility. Keep in mind that your color selection and material will tone the whole areas.
- The different elements should have something which combines all of them. For example, setting with different cushions is a best way to unify all the colors and textures of the space in one.
- The design of windows is a very important characteristic of house. It’s preferable to pick a neutral color for the curtains, so you’re less likely to get bored quickly.
- The fabrics help to make any space more comfy. Place a vintage shawl on an armchair. Use covers, blankets, cushions.
7. Allow what you like most surrounds you
A lot of us are slaves of our traditions and sometimes it is not easy for us to remove some objects that trigger certain emotions inside us. In reality, there is no need to do it. As you do not need to shop for something new all the time either. The most important thing is to look for a suitable place for what we like.
- Begin with clearing all walls and areas. Now locate things again without trying to repeat how they were placed before.
- Framed pictures or photographs that you like very much, should become the most important stuff of your space. The lighting, the colors and the location of the furniture; you are able to organize them around those focus points.
- Do not hang pictures way too high. They will look harmoniously at the level of the eyes of a person of medium height.
- Shelves are necessary for design because they not only help in keeping the house in order, but also serve to locate accessories and ornaments.
- Live flowers often inspire in interior design. So they need to become an essential part of the interior.